Last Wednesday was “Take Our Kids to Work Day” and my niece Emma came and spent the day with me. We did all sorts of things, but I knew that one of the things I wanted to do with her was to record a podcast episode. We both have a love for books and reading, so it was only natural we’d record a #bookchat episode all about magical YA series.
Even if you aren’t a YA (young adult) reader, check out this episode as you might find the perfect Christmas gift for someone on your list!
Magical YA Series with my niece Emma
Books/series discussed in this episode
(disclosure: the following links are Amazon affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links I will earn a small commission, but that does not impact the price you pay)
- Red Queen Series by Victoria Aveyard (Red Queen, Glass Sword, King’s Cage, War Storm, and Broken Thrown)
- Everless Duology by Sara Holland (Everless, Evermore)
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Winter, Fairest, Star’s Above)
- The Lunar Chronicles Graphic Novels (Wires & Nerves Vol 1 and Wires & Nerves Vol 2)
- The Renegades Trilogy by Marissa Meyer (Renegades, Archenemies & Supernova)
- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay)
- The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, Four: A Divergent Collection)
- Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie (Matched, Reached, Crossed)
- Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan (The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, The House of Hades, The Blood of Olympus)
- Mirage by Somaiya Daud
And if you want to see just how LITTLE fun we had that day, take a look at this video snippet from the live workout we recorded with my online training clients. We got a little off task a few times. Ha ha!
Have you read any great YA series lately that I can recommend to her next? Leave me a comment and let me know!