This quick loaded potato chowder has everything you love about a baked potato (bacon, cheese and sour cream) built into a yummy chowder!I don’t know why I seem to forget about this recipe in the winter months when a lovely warm potato chowder would be fantastic for warming me up on a cold day, but I always do and then we have to wait for a cooler day to have it in the summer months. Maybe it’s because I’m always looking for ways to use my chives and green onions when they are in season, who knows.
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- ½ package of cream cheese
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of chopped, cooked bacon (we used real bacon bits available at the grocery store)
- toppings of your choice (we used chives and cheddar cheese and toast for dipping but tea biscuits are a-
- Cook chopped potatoes until mostly cooked through (I cook them in the microwave for 5 minutes)
- Add to a saucepan on medium-high heat with ½ container of the cream cheese and milk.
- Heat until cream cheese has melted through them turn back to medium-low
- Add bacon, parsley, and if you choose garlic powder, salt and pepper (we leave those last three out)
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes
- Serve it up with the toppings of your choice!
From start to finish you’re looking at about a 20-minute meal, and it’s pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself!