My oh my how time flies! It’s hard to believe it’s been 8 months since two little tiny sister kittens moved into the Fevens residence, but here we are on their first birthday already, which means these kittens are technically no longer kittens. But they will likely always be kittens in our minds.
Before move on to new photos of these two cuties, let’s take a look back on them as they grew.
Baby Rose and Clara the day we met them…
Sisters happy in their new home…
photo hams right from the start…
And finally, at one year old…
- tinfoil balls
- somersaults (we still have yet to capture one on video)
- spinning on the bed with a toy on a stick
- snugs. and lots of them
- sitting on the toilet while mamma has a bath and talking to her
- playing and napping with sissy
- giving mama love bites
- napping with mamma and with papa (he just doesn’t take as many naps, haha)
- digging little blanket burrows to sleep in
- ruining office chairs
- having her claws trimmed
- being locked out of the bedroom at night
- any second when someone isn’t playing with her
8.8 pounds (still so little!)
- small crinkle pompoms. we call them baby crinks
- spinning counterclockwise with the stick toy
- sleeping on a big pile of fluffy blankets like they are her own little cloud
- she likes being near – but not on us. unless you have a crinkly wrapper. then she’s all over you.
- looking out the window
- play fighting with sissy when she’s feisty
- waiting for food. ever. she prefers to be fed every 2 hours or so. where does she put it and stay so teeny? we have no idea
- being held like a baby
- waiting for bug season to arrive
- not being able to go into every nook and cranny she use to be able to fit in and explore. Just last week she got stuck in the “window” of their cardboard box house.
These two little girls have brought so much happiness and life into our house when we needed it so very badly. We still miss Ollie and Pekoe terribly, but these two little girls have taken on so many of their traits that we are sure Pekoe and Ollie visit them in their dreams and tell them bad things to do. haha.
Happy birthday kittens!!!