It’s January 31st. Many consider 2016 to have been a total disaster and I don’t feel it necessary recount all of the reasons 2016 was rough for me personally. Instead I choose to focus on is gratitude. Gratitude for all the good that still happens during the bad, so today I thought it would be nice to finish off the year by looking back at 16 reasons why 2016 actually was NOT the worst.
- I got to meet and cook with The Kilted Chef during my partnership with Egg Farmers of Canada.
3. My mint green bike dreams finally came true thanks to Sport Chek!
4. My dream of patting a baby lion still is still unfulfilled, but I did get to visit baby Hunter a few times to enjoy his cuteness!
5. I enjoyed a whirlwind trip to Ottawa thanks to Egg Farmers of Canada
6. I continued my journey to my 200hr RYT which included pretending I was pregnant for a day at my pre and post natal yoga training.
7. I fulfilled two life long dreams thank to Cathy in one day at Blue Beach. Looking for fossils and sticking my feet in beach mud, haha. It should be noted that without direction you mostly spend your time declaring, “Well that certainly looks like something!” while looks for fossils, and that mud isn’t nearly as smooth as I dreamed it would be.
8. Cat and I got to attend Mud Hero thanks to Columbia and despite how it appears in this photo, we had a blast!
9. And my other three BFF’s and I won tickets to see Meagan Trainor in concert and went on a fun road trip to Cape Breton!
10. More blogging events and fun with my blog friends.
12. I took up painting, first through Paint Nite events, and then at home on my own.
15. We went on our first vacation trip since Disney and spent a few days in New Brunswick which were wonderful.
16. Three words: Rose and Clara.
So while 2016 dealt a raw deal, it also dealt a lot of awesomeness. And while I hope 2017 has more happiness than sorrow in store for us all, one thing is certain – there is always good to be found if you look.
Much love to you all on the eve of 2017, may you all enjoy a wonderful evening whatever your plans are, and I look forward to bringing you lots of awesome content in 2017!