Let me tell you a little about me. I love to bake and run. I am a nanny for 2 year old twins that keep me laughing and busy. I live right outside of Washington D.C. and I love it so much here. I just started grad school and I am slowly learning how to balance my life, work and now school work. Trying to manage 3 blogs with all of that is hard, but I am slowly getting the hang of it. I recently saw NKOTBSB
At the urging of Suzi, I tried Zumba once. It was a great workout, crazy fun, and a big eye opener- I learned that I have NO rhythm! But I had fun shaking it like it did!!! I am no longer training for an upcoming race, which is really strange for me, but I have been pushing myself to get my running speed faster by doing couch to 5k. I am also incorporating some p90x into my workouts – but I am not following the full plan.
While not a lot of my recipes would be considered “healthy” I have started making some that are diabetic and weight watcher’s friendly because my grandpa is diabetic and my mom has lost over 60 lbs on weight watchers.
Since our friend Suzi is a fitness instructor and Zumba instructor, I will share with you two recipes that are super yummy and healthier for you.
35 – 40 oreos (used reduced fat)
6 tbsp melted butter
8 oz cream cheese, softened ( I used reduced fat )
1/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp cold milk
12 oz cool whip. thawed ( I used sugar free)
3 1/4 c milk
2 small pkg Jello chocolate instant pudding ( I used sugar free)
- Process cookies in food processor until crumbs form.
- Mix in melted butter and then press into the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan.
- Whisk cream cheese, sugar and 2 tbsp milk until blended,
- Fold in 1 1/4 c cool whip.
- Spread over crust
- Beat pudding and 3 1/4 cup milk with whisk for 2 min. pour over cream cheese layer.
- ( I added some left over crushed oreos on top)
- Let stand in fridge to thicken for 5 mins
- Cover with rest of the cool whip and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. ( I added more crushed Oreos on top to make it look pretty)
The next one I don’t have a picture of, and I am very sad about that. But this healthy recipe is too good not to share. It is another cool summery dessert. I got this from my mom, who got it from her Weight Watchers.
12 oz weight watchers vanilla icecream (I couldn’t find WW so I used the healthiest ice cream I could find- reduced fat ice cream I think)
1 cup light cool whip
1 small package of sugar free instant chocolate pudding
¼ c reduced fat peanut butter
¼ c grape nuts
- Mix ice cream, cool whip, pudding and peanut butter together.
- Fold in grape nuts.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 pan.
- Put a light sprinkling of grape nuts then cover with a thin layer of cool whip.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours and serve.
Believe me, I was totally weirded out by the grape nuts cereal – but it made the dessert have a great texture and this was so good!!!
I really hope you guys try these! Let me know if you do!
I hope you like these “healthy” desserts, now pop over to my blog and check out all the things that aren’t so healthy! Thanks Suzi, hope you are having a blast in FL!