Happy Monday everyone
One of my new favourite meals has become the ricotta pancake. They are so fluffy and one batch comes in at 470 calories, and 24g of protein. I’m obsessed.
The funny thing about these types of recipes is I look up a few different recipes online, then combine them to make my own version and then end up having the recipe on some teeny tiny little scrap of paper and if I don’t share them on my blog I never really know where to find them. Clearly, my recipe development organization skills are lacking.
So as much for me as for you, here is my recipe
- ½ cup ricotta
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¾ Tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup of milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Separate egg and beat egg white until stiff
- Mix egg yolk, milk, vanilla and ricotta together in a separate bowl
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt to ricotta mixture and mix just until combined
- Slowly fold in egg whites until mixture is light and fluffy
- Heat frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Grease the pan/griddle with a small amount of cooking oil to prevent the batter from sticking
- Pour ¼ cup of mixture onto pan or griddle. Let cook for 2-3 minutes before flipping.
These pancakes take a bit longer to cook than regular pancakes. I find they cook best without burning the burner turned back to around 4.5-5.